Tel: +976-11-324627 Fax: +976-11-324764
Khashkhuu Naranjargal (President): firstname.lastname@example.org;
Globe International Center (GIC) is a non-membership, non-profit-making and tax-exempted non-governmental organisation, which was founded in 1999. Its mission is to sustain the Mongolian democracy, develop civil society, and disseminate information and knowledge. We carry out our activities under the motto: Knowledge is Power.
The main strategic concept is ‘We believe information makes changes. Informed people are powerful, so we strive to disseminate information using any means possible’.
Since its establishment GIC has implemented around 130 projects within its strategic programmes.
Besides Ulaanbaatar, the Capital, we work in the 20 remote districts (soums) of eight administrative divisions (aimags): Bayan-Ulgii, Khovd, Khuvsgul, Uvs, Sukhbaatar, Uvurkhangai, Bulgan and Arkhangai.
Areas of work:
• Promote and protect freedom of opinion and expression; favourable media legal environment; organise trainings for journalists on specialised reporting; and monitor free expression violations.
• Promote the public’s right to information; help local and national public agencies to increase their transparency and information openness through monitoring, training of public officials; and build monitoring skills for citizens.
Main lines of work are organised through the following strategic programmes:
• Supporting the Rights of Independent Media,
• Promoting Transparent Governance, and
• Empowering the Public through Media and Arts.
Diplomat 95 Complex, Entrance 1, #5, Chingeltei District, Ulaanbaatar-15141, Mongolia