Tel: +886-2-25969525 Fax: +886-2-25968545
E-Ling Chiu: email@example.com
Taiwan Association for Human Rights (TAHR) is an independent non- governmental organisation (NGO), founded on 10 December 1984. It is
a member-based NGO and run by full time activists and volunteers. Due to the long-term enforcement of martial law, democratic reforms to ensure civil and political rights became the main TAHR’s campaign topic in its initial years. Now TAHR has extended its engagement
to a variety of human rights issues, some key works include: individual case support; policy monitoring and advocacy; promotion, education, and training; and cooperation with international human rights organisations.
Areas of work:
• International human rights conventions and protection mechanism,
• Freedom of Expression and Opinion,
• Rights to assembly and parade,
• Right to privacy,
• Right to housing,
• Migrants’ rights, immigration detention and refugees, and
• Death penalty.
Main lines of work:
• Press conferences,
• Drafting and revising laws,
• Lobbying to the Members of Parliament,
• Case support,
• Legal assistance,
• Project ‘Guidelines for the Protestors’, and
• Project ‘Taiwan Internet Transparency Report’.
2F No.22, Ln. 61, Tianxiang Rd., Zhongshan Dist., Taipei City 104, Taiwan